Sunday, May 15, 2011

Butterfly Knit Hat


I designed and knit this cute Butterfly Hat for my darling little girl. First knit pattern I've designed and would like a few people to test my pattern and give me some feed back. The pattern fits approximately 6 months old infants. If I have enough interest I may work up patterns for other size as well.



Butterfly Hat – infant size 6 months
US size 10, 6mm 16” circle needle ~ gauge 15 stitches & 21 rows = 4”
unstretched 15” circumference x 5.5” height (edge naturally rolled)
I used Caron Simply Soft yarn, but any worsted weight yarn should work fine as long as it is a solid color so the decorative stitch will show up.

If you are interested in being a pattern tester for me. Please post in the comments as well as email at dana@schuldt.org and put "Butterfly Hat Tester" in the subject line. I will email the first 10 interested people a pdf file of the pattern. Please post in the comments if you are interested in a different size, and if the interest is high enough I will figure out a pattern for other sizes as well. You can email me for any questions or advice and I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. In exchange for this free pattern I ask that you have the hat completed in two weeks, followed by emailing me feed back and photos with your permission to post them on my blog. I would also appreciate your photos linked to the Ravelry page as well if you are a member.

Thanks and happy knitting!

As of 5-17-10 all test knitters are hard at work. Thanks everyone. I'll post pictures when I get them back. You can still post comments on other sizes of hats that you may be interested in, if this test knitting process goes well. Thanks for all the support and compliments I've received. Dana

5-30-11 some photos are in ~ click: Butterfly Hat Tester Photos

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me, me, me. Pick me to test knit. I have just about that much of the yarn needed to make something! Thank you. c2redstar@yahoo.com

Dana White said...

Yeah my first tester!

I'll email you the pattern shortly. Thanks!

Cosmo DK said...

Butterfly Hat Testers

I'll be happy to test knit. I'm an experienced knitter, and a knitting instructor, and I'm working on a hope chest for my possible future grandchildren.

dianekaygelder@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to test this for you. Any size that you need.
Cheers, Debbie deb_ra100@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would like to be a tester for this beautiful hat. I would be interested in seeing a pattern for a 6 year old (for my granddaughter!) Thanks!

Marcy said...

I would love to test knit this for you. Its really cute, and I'm going to have a new Great Niece real soon. It would be perfect for her.

Dana White said...

Anonymous wanting a hat for a 6 year old. Are you wanting to be a tester for this hat sized as is, or wanting to wait for future hat sizes to become available?

Dana White said...

Please remember to post your email address or email me privately at dana@schuldt.org so I can email you the pattern as a pdf file. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I would love to do a test knit for you!
My name is Harmony, and I think its a super-cute pattern!
My email is harmonomony@hotmail.com

MOSELEY FAMILY said...

I would love to test too:) I have emailed you too already
Thanks-Charlene

louisea said...

I'd love to test it for you it looks like a beautiful pattern
I have emailed you already as well

Jackie said...

I would love to test knit if you still need someone. I would like to test the 3-6 mos size. I have a new granddaughter 4 mos. Thanks.
jlpudsey@cogeco.ca

Dana White said...

Jackie I would go ahead and try the hat just as I have it written. My daughter is 4 1/2" months but wears a size 6-9 months. This hat is knit really loose since I used the bigger needle than I normally would. I wanted a less dense hat for the warmer weather. It it really stretchy for this reason and I thought it fit really well, but after wearing for two days I think being a bit bigger would have been better. So I'm thinking the size of this hat should be changed to 3-6 months. It would be great to know how it fits on your granddaughter. I have emailed you the pattern. Happy knitting.

Anonymous said...

Am I lucky no. 10 by any chance? Would love to knit this pretty, little, soft looking hat! Found you on ravelry and here is my e-mail martasoupal@gmail.com TNANX

Dana White said...

All the hats I have seen so far are beautiful! Great work and THANK YOU! Dana