Monday, March 14, 2011

Headband

I took the simple lacy look dishcloth pattern and used it as a headband. I used half double crochets for first and third row instead of double crochets to make it a little thinner. I also used a lot thinner yarn. I still used cotton but went down to a size 10 cotton thread and size F hook.

chain 61 loosely

Row 1: half double crochet in in chain 59 and all the way across. You end up with 60 stitches counting your turning chain. Depending on your gauge you may need more or less stitches, just make sure to keep an even number. Chain 3 and turn.

Row 2: *Skip one stitch and Double crochet into the next stitch. Double crochet back into the skipped stitch going behind the previous stitch (X stitch) * (repeat between *'s until one stitch left) One Double Crochet. Chain 2 and turn.

Row 3: Half Double Crochet to the end.

Hold both ends together forming the headband and slip stitch through the end stitches in all three rows. It works best to "split" the stitch rather than going in the space. You end up with a finer seam. Pull end through and weave in ends.

I tied on a flower I made over the seam, knotted the yarn but kept the ends long. The headband ended up being a little loose for the big flower. So I threaded the tail of the flower around an X stitch on each side of the seam. Gathered the headband up and tied the tail into a bow which is hidden behind the flower. This way I can let the gather out as my baby girl grows.

Feel free to post pictures of the items you made from my pattern and link back to my blog for the pattern. Please don't copy my patterns to your website or blog, please post a link back to mine. If you have any questions just drop me a note. And please let me know how my patterns work out for you. I love to see pictures. This pattern is my personal pattern and I do not give permission to sell anything you make from my pattern. It is for your personal use only.


Copyright 2011 Dana J White

No comments: